Ashiley

Ashiley
I am driven by the will of Lady Sylvanas. I will not fail.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

On being a bad hunter... Episode 1

Yesterday i was in an instance, group makeup was Shieildwarrior, Healadin, Feraldruid, and two BMhunters (one being myself obviously)

Everything went very smoothly, and as usual Raipu and I topped the DPS charts with around 32%, the feral druid who was one level higher than me came in at 28% the other hunter who was one level lower at 21%, the warrior at 17%.

A couple of things stuck out to me about this, number one being the fact that the feral druid was putting out what seemed to me to be some pretty insane dps for a druid. The other being the fact that the other hunter was definately alot lower than i thought he should be.

I didn't think to inspect him, but judging by what he spammed in chat asking if he could need on things, he seemed to be in ok gear, he was beastmaster spec, and he seemed to have a decent pet reaction time, and shot rotation, when i had time to observe of course.

Halfway though our second instance run, he asks me, "Reydan, how do you get your mana back so quickly, i then spam my Everlasting Underspore pods, and my Purified Draenic Water, and follow up with "Between those and Aspect of the Viper its pretty easy to regen between pulls.."

He responds with, "Wow, that must get expensive!"

This my friends, is the topic of this post, and is my first off possibly many posts on what constitutes being a bad hunter. Being cheap.

Hunters are one of the main classes that besides durability costs, can burn through stacks of gold in instance runs. Between my water for mana, pet food, stat boosting food for myself, elixers, potions, and even my ammo, i probably burn through 5-10g an instance, just on DPS materials, every death of myself and my pet just costs me more cash.

However, i know that other people in my group pay for the instance in their own way too, tanks and their durability and health pots, healers with water and mana pots, etc. The cost of instance running is part of the aspects of your class, and you should be ready and able to cough up the gold required for you to do your job.

Don't be a bad hunter, keep the water, petfood, elixers, bandaids, potions, Ravager Dogs and Sporeling Snacks in plentiful supply. Buy the expensive ammo to boost your DPS. Don't cut corners to save cash, every small step you take backwards adds up, and you'll find yourself in an instance getting out DMGed by 50% by someone like me, who goes the extra yard to do the best his class can do, and pushes his class to the limit.

No comments: